About Holliston PTO - Elementary
At the Elementary level, the Holliston Parent Teacher Organization supports both the Placentino and Miller elementary schools. This branch of the Holliston PTO operates in coordination with the Townwide PTO, but with a separate leadership Board and a separate budget.
Our all-volunteer organization brings a wide variety of specialty programs and family activity events to the elementary school community, including: Ski Club and Culture Connection, Destination ImagiNation, ScienceFest, curriculum support, CARE and SHINE programming support and other student experiences. These activities include grade captains, room parents, school library programs, Miller School Store, Placentino CARE Cart, sports nights, height and weight screening, pre K/K information nights, kindergarten carnival and more. With our Family Activity Committee, we're able to provide fun, low cost activities for Miller and Placentino Families such as the Back to School Picnic, Bingo Night, Family Sports Night, and the annual End of School Ice Cream Social.
The Elementary PTO is also a fundraising body. Funds raised from book fairs, Genevieve, Square 1 Art, school pictures, and spring basket auctions support Culture Connection programs, teacher grants, teacher appreciation week programming, books for school libraries and licensure fees for library computer programs.
For the 2016-2017 school year, the Holliston PTO - Elementary is focusing on the following core objectives:
- Streamlining communications channels and improving accessibility to the PTO
- Creating new events and fundraisers that not only raise the necessary funds, but engage students and parents in a relevant way
- Continuing a tradition of providing meaningful support that benefits as many students as possible
- The Holliston PTO - Elementary leadership board meets on the second Friday of each month. These meetings are open to anyone interested in attending.
- There are three general Elementary PTO membership meetings - September, February and May - which include a parent education presentation, in addition to general meeting topics.
- Contact us at: HollistonPTO.Elementary@gmail.com with any questions, input, ideas or comments.