The goal of the Culture Connection program is to bring many aspects of the arts and sciences to the schools of Holliston. Many of these events supplement the teachers’ curriculum during the school year in addition to exposing the students to different cultures and self-improvement techniques. We welcome you to Culture Connection, and invite you to share ideas in making our school and community culturally rich.
Culture Connection at Placentino and Miller is funded by the Classroom Basket Raffle and by grants received from organizations such as the Holliston Newcomers Club and Holliston Arts Council. Culture Connection programs at Placentino and Miller in recent years have encompassed a great mix of visitors and experiences, including;
- Johnny the K (Pre-K and K)
- Dinoman (1st Grade)
- Native American Trail (2nd Grade)
- John De Kadt (3rd Grade)
- Garry Krinsky, Toying with Science (4th Grade)
- Galileo, Starry Messenger (5th Grade)
Culture Connection at Adams includes programs that tie into the curriculum for each grade:
- Geography Game show (6th grade)
- Chariots of the Sun (7th grade)
- Shakespeare program (8th grade)
- Presentation from a Holocaust Survivor (8th grade)
We are updating the Culture Connection programs for 2017-18. Please check back for more details, coming soon.