PTO Grant Program & Application Process 2016-2017
Each year, the Holliston PTO offers the opportunity for teachers, administrators and those working with students to apply for a grant to provide additional support to the school curriculum as well as outside of school activities that are affiliated to either Holliston schools or Holliston PTO. We hope those applying for a PTO grant consider projects/activities that will impact a sizeable group of students and must fall in line with our PTO mission.
Below you will find details of the grant process timeline, the Holliston PTO mission and the grant application process. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Kathleen Hothem, President Holliston Town wide PTO, 2016 – 2017, firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you and good luck!
Grant Process Timeline
Applications available: Monday April 10, 2017
Proposals due: Friday May 5, 2017
Award letters will be presented the week of May 22, 2017
Holliston PTO Mission
The Holliston PTO, through our dedication and commitment, will serve as advocates for parents, teachers and students. As advocates, we will provide:
- Enrichment opportunities for intellectual, social, ethical, and emotional growth
- Education experiences to benefit the well being of children and youth.
- Information to members and the community regarding national, state and local issues, concerns and event.
- An environment that fosters a cooperative relationship between home and school.
PTO Funding Guidelines 2016-2017
All requests will be evaluated in conjunction with the PTO Mission. It is the expectation of the Holliston PTO that all grant requests benefit the greatest number of students within a school facility or program.
Where appropriate, requests should be coordinated through department heads, curriculum coordinators, grade leaders, and media center directors. This allows for continuity within grades and departments, as well as compatibility with existing programs and realization of need.
All requests for technology enhancements, hardware, and software must be coordinated through the director of school technology. All technology grants must be verified and initialed by said director to ensure system compatibility and need within the designated facility.
All items/programs purchased and funds appropriated to you on behalf of the grant request are the property of the Holliston Public Schools and not of the grant recipient.
All purchases and/or orders of appropriated grants must be realized by the last day of June in the same year as the grant cycle or funds will revert back to Holliston PTO. Exceptions to this guideline will be made on individual need by informing this committee.
The PTO will not fund salaried positions, window and floor coverings, stationery, office equipment, maintenance agreements, and furniture.
2016 – 2017 Grant Reimbursement Procedures
In order to expedite payment of your grant funds, please follow the instructions below:
- Once the recipient has been notified of the acceptance of the grant it is their sole responsibility to ensure the approved items are procured.
- There are two methods to pay for grant related items:
- Preferred method Grant recipient pays for item with a credit card and submits check request form with receipt attached to receive direct reimbursement. PTO will strive to pay all requests within 7 days.
- Alternative method Grant recipient places order directly with vendor (please DO NOT submit as a purchase order to central office) who bills PTO directly at the address below. Once the grant recipient receives items, please send invoice and/or packing receipt to PTO at the address below, and a check will be issued for payment directly to vendor.
- If neither option is feasible you must contact the PTO treasurer to arrange for payment before June 30th of the same year. You may lose your funding after this deadline.
- Please provide a contact phone number or email address where you can be reached over the summer. We have had situations where items are back-ordered or otherwise unavailable, which would require us to contact you.
- Please remember that all items purchased are tax exempt. Please use the PTO tax-exempt number 47-4170302 if needed.
- All check requests and supporting documentation should be mailed to the PTO treasurer at the address below:
PO Box 6411 Holliston, MA 01746