Holliston PTO will award three types of scholarships at Senior Awards Night (please check the HHS website for posted information).
- PTO 2017 Membership Scholarship 2-$500 - all seniors who have paid PTO dues for all years attending Holliston High School are automatically eligible. There is no need to apply. All eligible names will be entered into a drawing and the recipient will be selected at a prior PTO meeting and announced at Senior Awards Night. Visit the Membership tab to pay dues. Check your membership status. Payments in arrears are accepted. Add 1-year membership to your order cart for each year you wish to purchase.
- HS PTO 2017 Christmas Tree Sale - based on the accumulated number of volunteer shifts worked by the student or his/her parent(s) at the HS PTO Christmas Tree Sale. Note that this fundraiser is no longer operating due to low participation and low net proceeds. The award amount will be pro-rated at $500 ($250/yr. for two years 2013-2014). There is no need to apply. All eligible names will be entered into a drawing and the recipient will be selected at a prior PTO meeting and announced at Senior Awards Night. PTO membership in not required to be eligible.
- PTO Essay Scholarship $1,000 - based on a written submission (200 word minimum) in addition to the PTO membership requirement for all years attending Holliston High School. The written essay prompt is below. In addition, a Holliston High School Scholarship Application is required, but do not send us your EFC financial information or activities resume. Visit Membership to pay dues. Check your membership status. Payments in arrears are accepted. Add 1-year membership to your order cart for each year you wish to purchase.
The Guidance Department encourages all recipients of any of these scholarships to send a letter of appreciation to: Kathi Hothem, PTO President, PO Box 6411, Holliston, MA 01746.
Applications must be submitted by the guidance office deadline. Please contact the HHS guidance office and confirm eligibility requirements before submitting your application.
Eligibility for PTSA Essay Scholarship
Students must submit a HHS scholarship application from the guidance office, and meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Paid membership dues to PTO for each year student has attended Holliston High School. Check your membership status. If your family is not a PTO member this year your parent can join by following the instructions on the membership page. Payments in arrears are accepted. Add 1-year membership to your order cart for each year you wish to purchase. If it is determined there are any years that you were not a member, we will contact you to give you the opportunity to bring your membership status up to date so that you may be considered for the Essay Scholarship.
- The graduating senior is continuing his/her education full time in the fall.
- Verification from HHS administration & Guidance that the applicant is in good academic & civic standing. (This will be completed by PTO Scholarship Committee)
Prompt for the PTO Essay Scholarship
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
Please submit your essay with your application to the HHS guidance office by the deadline set by HHS. Note that your application must be submitted by the deadline and be complete (application submitted, letters submitted, eligibility criteria met) to be considered for this scholarship.
For questions or comments, please contact Jill Sykes by email at email@example.com